Took the train to San Isidro (35 minutes from downtown), on the river, an old colonial town with bizaar 200-year old houses carving 12 feet into the streets at regular intervals. This makes for a tight squeeze to get a car through. It looks like someone planned all these roads without regard for the houses that already exist... this would even make sense if the roads were straight or if there were hills. However, it's flat for 100 miles, and the roads are all turn-this-way-and-that-y yet you'll go around a sharp corner and 10 feet later, no driveway or anything, the road abruptly stops in a wall that is the side of someone's garden. I'm absolutely fascinated and confused. Almost as confused as the poor residents trying to understand my hablo-pocito-espanol questions on why it's like this. Please, if anyone flies NE over BA at any stage, please look out the plane window and see if the streets spell something from above. It's the only thing I can think of.
Went to a lovely market there where I actually believe them when they say they made the lovely necklaces etc.
I decided to get a haircut and said "fix it" (arreglalo) to the lady. She said something that included 'mas bella' and I nodded vigorously. Ha! I now have a mullet. However, I've decided to go with it and am trying to think of a week's worth of bad hairstyles. I spent the rest of a day with whatever parts of my mullet are long enough, in a side ponytail. Tomorrow I'm spiking the short parts. Dead sexy.

Supposed to go to San Antonio de Areco to be a cheesy tourist tomorrow but it's Boca/River(seriously, biggest soccer game in Argentina, happens 2x/year). Can't get to the game, but looking forward to the bar scene! Since we had some problems with our apartment Simon managed to get us to keep it until Tuesday for free, so we're doing S. Antonio as a day trip. Probably better since no offense a tacky tourist "estancia" near BA can't hold a candle to the ranch and they are rediculously expensive. However, my lovely husband has never been on a horse (seriously?! married to a Trethewey) and so we're fixing that. Pampas, here we come!
T
1 comment:
Looking good Tes!!
Post a Comment