Monday, May 4, 2009

What a week - House, leep, rugby

Crazy week. Crazy few months.

Start at the beginning... it gets better from here - leep. I've never had an usual pap, but then I did and it was past stage3 CIN (cervix cells are cancerous in form but not spread). I was so lucky to have caught it now - just a minor op to remove it where they cut off the top cm of the cervix. Amazingly not painful after the drugs wore off. So if you or someone you love hasn't been checked out recently, go do it.

Same week - my rugby team, Burnaby lake, is in the finals for rugby. We rocked it. Felt good. My body held together.

Same week - we've been looking for houses for SO LONG. We had the requirement that it must be within two blocks of a massive offleash park (you've met our dogs). And within our budget. Not so easy. However, our realtor calls and says he's found the perfect house. We love it. It's two houses down from Burnaby Mountain park - think massive, offleash, biking, perfect full of trails park. Tried to do the make-offer-immediately strategy, unfortunately its an estate sale and they kids were meeting in 5 days to review all offers. So we ended up in a multiple offer situation (5 offers). We went in over asking with no terms, and voila, we got us a house. It's perfect for us.




So yes, big exciting week.

2 comments:

Migzy said...

Nice house Tess! Welcome to the illustrious City of Burnaby! It's a great city, it's Vancouver but with the luxury of not actually in Vancouver proper.

Glad to hear rugby is still working out for you. I'd love to come catch a game again sometime I guess next season. And glad that you were able to catch the problem before it became a larger issue.

Cheers,
migs

Louise Chapman said...

Dude, I have never seen these two posts before. No idea why. LOVE YOUR HOUSE and I'm so glad that it was exactly what you were looking for!