Feeling like I'll pop soon, just hoping that the last-minute cleaning urge sets in nice 'n early since the house is a sty. Hopefully next time we write it will be with a big announcement and a lot of yawns.
I never thought I'd be a person who enjoys pregnancy. I don't like kids. I've never thought of myself as the 'mom' kind, and the idea of prenatal yoga is scary. Yet I think I speak for both Si and I when I say we've enjoyed this time together.
I don't know if its because of previous miscarriage that we appreciate the "annoyances" instead of begrudging them. I remember the first time being frustrated every time I got sick in the first 12 weeks; then when suddenly I stopped feeling sick but before the miscarriage I was trying to get sick, walking past the frozen fish section and everything, trying to get some sign that I was still pregnant even though I didn't feel like it anymore. I am definitely more conscious of these symptoms now, and don't resent them.
Some random thoughts on pregnancy
- First 12 weeks are deadly; after that it was a positive slope to feeling normal. Exhaustion like nothing else.
- After the first 12 weeks sometimes I'd have bad days where I'd be out of breath, or unable to walk fast, or struggling to bend over to tie my shoelaces etc. I initially thought that it was my getting bigger that made it difficult, and that it would just get worse and the anticipation of this made me project that the pregnancy would suck in a few weeks. For example, around 20 weeks I had a clutz stage where I was slow AND kept feeling like I'd fall over, and dropping everything. However, everything came in waves - great days and mediocre - had I not anticipated forward I would have taken these not as good times better.
- There is nothing more exciting than feeling bubba kick when noone else knows. Bubbs loved power point; sitting in training or meetings made her go nuts. I would have the biggest smile inside knowing our little 'secret'.
I am so looking forward to meeting this little person and getting to see what parts of Simon s/he has and what parts of me. I would love for her to get Simon's calmness, his ability to make everything into a game, his bigger picture and his caring. My skin, logical brain and .... well, can't think of much else:) We can't figure out whose legs she'll get - my big strong diesels or his agile good looking (but hairy!) fast ones.
Simon is going to be a great dad. I am looking forward to starting our family.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment