Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Gogo Going Gone

My mom left on Sat. We really appreciated her help while she here, she was a superstar at getting the dogs out especially. She lived up to her Gogo name, and it was a hive of activity! We welcomed a mellow day yesterday where we all caught up on some sleep.

My rugby team was kind enough to host a 'food' baby shower (brilliant) on Friday night. This was Riley's first big-group show and tell and I'm afraid we have some work to do in that department. He screamed and cried pretty much the whole time (this our baby who sleeps all day and nary a tweet at home). Oh, and I didn't bring enough pumped milk for him since we fed him minutes before leaving, and he decided he was hungry about 5 minutes in - this wasn't the fussing crying, this was the "I'm starving and about to die" type. Not the best outing, but a learning experience. If we needed motivation to keep working on bfeeding, that was it. At least we didn't false advertise children. I think the girls left with a new todo item to renew their birth control prescription.

Still not directly getting much milk to him. As one lady put it - all babies have cute chins. Riley's is particularly cute.  We wait for him to grow.

Some pics from our visits this week

Trying to get another smile.  He's occasionally grinning now, but just experimenting - not at us yet.  We're working on it!

Hands

Chin (or lack thereof)



Naughty lil tiger (who btw, is not pregnant and is now spayed).  Don't panic, we close the door when he's sleeping.  His bassinet is her new favorite spot
Visiting with great-nanny

Napping with Marcus

Hiking with dad+dog

Saying bye to gogo

2 comments:

erica said...

SO SO glad you guys are getting so much support on so many different angles... the BF clinics sound great, especially since you are so determined to continue with it. I bet zillions of others would of said, "Bugger it!" by now, and just gone the formula route....which is by no means wrong for them but I think I understand your feelings about BF. I feel so fortunate to have been able to BF the boys for as long as I could. It is a great bonding experience..but I think for me because it ended up being easy, it was the perfect lazy route. The last thing I wanted to to do was anything extra like sterilizing bottles, because I AM LAZY! So glad Simon is such a great help too (and not surprised of course!) Wish we could be closer to do something to help. Even just a bit of comic relief from some silly preschoolers. ;-)
You guys are awesome. The photos of everyone are wonderful...and your nan looks as gorgeous as ever!

Louise Chapman said...

I love all the pictures. You guys are awesome. Your nan is too beautiful.