Monday, March 29, 2010

Joy

Just in case this gets lost in the minutiae of breastfeeding...

The past six weeks have been filled with so much happiness.  I was thinking on our walk yesterday about how often Simon and I have laughed in the past six weeks, how much humour there is to be found at 3am, and how many times we've shared quiet, loving smiles over our gorgeous sleeping bubba.

Right now as I type he's curled up on my chest, legs tucked under, out for the count.  I'm looking outside at the rain, wondering whether it will break long enough to go for a walk with Si and the dogs before he goes to work.  I almost hope it doesn't.

Some pics:
Waking from a nap with dad

Haven't caught him smiling on camera yet (oh just wait!)

Lovely mellow day with the dogs on Sunday.  At the park with zozoes (and tenge would have you know, the ducks!)



Pooped tenge afterwards


and tiger

Unfortunately she wasn't as pooped as him.  Poor Tenge.
** urgh, I jave the best video of tiger cleaning tenge, then attacking him... will load later, it keeps getting stuck for some reason **

Some Riley photos... looking cute



 Mom trying to entertain him with toys above his bassinet



Yep, he rocks

Ooh!  That was a big one!

2 comments:

Louise Chapman said...

Aw Tess, so awesome. I wonder why my first 6 weeks with Kai were totally the opposite. Maybe had to do with my mom and the C-section? No idea. With Koen I think it was because we were all sick for the first month of his life. In any case, I'm just glad you guys are so happy!!

Louise Chapman said...

Okay, need to comment again since you added pictures:) Look how nice and chunky he is!!