Tuesday, April 6, 2010

40%

We had our last visit with our midwives today, and Riley weighed in at 4.9kg.  He's gaining weight super well.  Born in the 75% percentile, he dropped down to the 20th when he lost all that weight.  He's since been gaining beautifully and steadily chugging up the growth curve, and is now back to 40th percentile.

Great job all!  Keep on chugging, Ri.

I swore I'd never be a percentile mom.  Oh well.  I promise I'm not saying that he's better than any other kid, just happy to see he's gaining weight well.

After a crappy weekend (very. crappy.), Ri's back at the boob-with-tube and doing well.  Phew.  Just about shoved all 4.9kg back.  Still no sign of a jaw. 

Loved having Si home for the long weekend.  Miss him now.

1 comment:

Louise and Gary Chapman said...

Keep going Riley!!! I didn't know he dropped that far on the percentiles, glad he is on his way back up! I'm sorry it was a crappy weekend, I"m assuming it was all bf related? My friend who had her baby a week after you is in a similar boat. She has to pump and bottle feed each feed. She's seen tons of lactation consultants/pediatricians etc. Baby just has a small mouth.
Did I tell you that my sister is okay now?! Phew!!! Got to cuddle with a baby girl, so sweet in all her pink:)
Okay, this is too long. You are awesome. I need to cuddle Riley soon. Let me know if you are up for a visitor anytime...weekday nights are good for me. Totally understand if you want your own space!
Louise