Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Riley Fix

Riles is changing... so fast!  Some pics below.  Haven't had the camera around for his smile-fests, but take my word they are super cute.

He's deliciously chubby


He's now holding onto toys and seems to enjoy his over-stimulation center (previously, he screamed).

Tummy time is improving.  He used to last a few seconds before purpling, now we can do a minute or two! He's even rolled over a few times (I think just to get the heck off his tummy, but hey it works)

And he's mastered bubble blowing

He still loves to sleep with his papa.  Out for the count, here dad's even awake!

A while ago I posted a pic of the garden beds Matt and Si built.  We finally got the trellis in and planted it two weeks ago, and just ate our first bok choy from the garden last night.  How exciting!  Now I need to reset my expectations that tomatoes will not grow as my California ones did... not so sunny these days in PacNW.


A few more reasons I should not be home for the year... I feel the need for projects.  And I start lots and poor Si is left picking up the pieces and cleaning up.  Yesterday, I decided to clean out our catch-all mystery cupboard, renovate our downstairs workshop and garage, and put up shelving.  Here's the status as of 3am (yes, I'm up again in the middle of the night since Ri's no longer sleeping through, and I have to pump to get milk up).

More on the renovation later...

Spare room is chaos (although I'll point out that things are in piles that make sense to me)
Shelves are moved upstairs to the living room, which I think will make them easier to put up in small increments.  Simon thinks they will make them easier to trip over.  Notice only two shelves are actually put together.

I could drive a saint to drink

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Riley is too gorgeous for words. Lots of Love xxx
Awesome Tools team

Anonymous said...

Riley is too gorgeous for words. Lots of Love xxx
Awesome Tools team

Louise Chapman said...

Tess, Riley has tripled in cuteness overnight! You doing all your projects sounds like me when my TSH is less than 0.01:)