Monday, June 28, 2010

Planes

First and foremost -> my wonderful friend Erica (the one in Australia with the great sense of humor, two young kids, and pancreatic cancer) got clearance last week from her docs to fly to canada to come to her brothers wedding.  We've been so proud of her for effort to get well - she's battled for every inch of that flight.  Unfortunately she turned hours before she was to leave and is back in hospital.  We're hoping for her recovery.  Thinking of her family - I know her kids miss her terribly at home, her husband is the strongest trooper, her parents have essentially moved to Australia to help and her brother and family here are all sending their best.  We're first thinking of her getting better.  Maybe even she'll be well enough to fly.   Vancouver, if she makes it all the way here, can you please give her the best sunny days ever?  She deserves it. 

<moment>


We had a great weekend with friends and quality time.  We are fortunate.  Its was great to see Colleen (who are we kidding... I mean Maddie), and can't get over how much she's grown.  She's still so tiny light sleep-on-your-chest though so its wonderful.  Simon could barely let her go (maddie, not coll!).

Yesterday I went for my first run (I'd say big but it wasn't...).  Felt great in the moment, now not so much!  Thanks Monica, Rob and Si for the great company and encouragement.
I cheated a bit; tied Tenge around my waist and yelled GO!  Oh to have his power/motivation!

Riley continues to charm our pants off.  Favorite moment of the day is when we walk with him in the carrier and his chubby legs stick out and I hold on.  I call him my little boerewors (sausage).  Close runner up are his giggle sessions.  We love this boy so much.

No comments: