Sunday, July 25, 2010

Raspberries

We had a lovely weekend at the ranch.  Went out Friday night for a family party, then sat picked 150lbs of raspberries and made a few hundred jars of jam.  As you do at nans.  That lady has crazy energy sometimes! 

Si and Riles had quite the setup


Riles totally helped to pick!  This kid is so excited to start eating.

Nan hard at work.  Nan used to be a raspberry picker when she was younger and takes great pride in picking the bush clean and getting the berries from the bottom.  Me, I'm lucky if any berries make the bucket


Feast


Si got all artiste

My heart is still out to Erica, Stu, Alex and Sam.  I thought of you with every berry picked.  I made some boiled jam to send down with a friend flying to see you tomorrow, I hope it makes it through the customs.

Other randoms from the weekend

Zozoes in the fountain

Walking to uncle Brigs for coffee

My gorgeous asleep just a few minutes ago

I tried to get Riles an email address in the same format as Si and mine.  However, emailriley wasn't available.  I was thinking of other names for him and nothing was available, until "gorgeouschubb@gmail.com".  Perfect.  Unfortunately I'm guessing he won't love it as much when he's a teenager. 

We are so lucky so our beautiful boy and loving family.

No comments: