Monday, August 23, 2010

Summer

After a spectacular weekend in Vernon before last I can't believe summer is winding down.  There's nothing better than swimming in the lake on a beautiful day, we need just one more special summer weekend (please!).

This past weekend was more logistics.  We have been trying to find our lovely lab Zozoes a new home since she's too unpredictable and occasionally snaps - too much of a risk with Riley about to crawl.  So tough since we've had her almost 7 years, and she was our first baby.  We met a couple this weekend who are a good match, are interested in her, with full disclosures and all, and it looks like she may be moving to the island this weekend.  Part of me hopes it goes through - I'm sure it would work out well - while part of me will miss her terribly. 

Had a BBQ this weekend, super to have friends over.  Just stole Kristy's photo of our barbeque - yum!


Riley continues to be our joy.  He is now eating cereal twice a day (so much messy fun, huge smiles!) and continues to discover himself and what he can do.  He's growing like stink.  I don't have pics from our camera right now, but will update soon.

BTW - an update with old pictures that Kristy just sent us:

I adore his "I'm pouting and am not sure if I'm going to cry" face.  I can't get enough of it (that's a bad thing considering he only makes it when he's sad...).  But seriously, isn't it cute?!
Okay mom - really really sad here...
Family photo

No comments: