Thursday, August 16, 2012

Air show, Cuteness, Sadness

I didn't catch it below, but Kivani was having such a laugh with Pip.  He'd throw her the ball, and it would bounce off her (generous) belly, and he'd fetch it.  Thrilling.  Every so often it would go under the couch and he'd go all bum in the air trying to get it out.  His tail would wag against her face, to shrieks of delight.  Lovely.


Riles continues to be fantastic with her.  I know it may come crashing down now that she likes his toys too, but for now, they are gorgeous together.

I want to eat her.  The best word to describe Vons?  Delicious.
Last weekend was the airshow, and pops came down for it.  Unfortunately Si couldn't come, he would have LOVED it.  Riles thought it was so exciting, then a bit overwhelming (got quiet).  Once the crazy loud fly-overs happened, it was game over.  Oh well. 

I have only a few pics as Simon thinks the bigger the lense, the better the photographer, so I have to be a football length away to get any pictures!
I got him to wear "pilot" glasses.  Yay me.

Riles is just awesome.
We have a pic of Riles at this age in the same outfit.  must find.
Finally, Simon's mom is in the process of dying.  It's horrible.  How swiftly the cancer invaded, and how its eaten her from the inside so her body has become a shell.  She's been on death's door for more than two weeks, but her health prior is keeping her heart beating and lungs functioning... hospice can't believe that she hasn't yet passed, it is cruel to have someone like this for so long.  Si's dad doesn't leave her side but for when Simon's there, so my mom came down to look after the kids for the past 12 days so Si can be at hospice.  Thank you Gogo. Thank you Roger and Si for caring for her so well.

No comments: