Learning to really dislike those words.
Today would have been Tye's 33rd birthday. I celebrated this day with some extra special hugs for my loved ones, some funny walks and a nice margarita.
It is still surreal that such a strong guy can be taken down. From the inside, noggal. Although still appropriate that his heart was too big.
In talking with my dad last night, he was wondering if it makes sense to "celebrate" or acknowledge the would have been birthdays, or anniversary of his death (Mar 22nd). Is it just putting salt in the wounds and creating "forced" sadness making this a day about him, vs. just acknowledging the day-for-day times we directly miss him.
I think it does make sense to celebrate this day. While right now it still hurts, I'm also very aware that as time passes I'll lose track of Tiny; his absence will get less noticeable and there will be fewer times during the week when I'll think of him. Yet its important to me to acknowledge him, and the fact he isn't here, and who he was, as well as who he didn't get to become (e.g. uncle to Kivani).
So to Tiny, cheers.
Sunday, March 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
So sorry, Tess. 33 is sooo young. Great photos.
In December, we `celebrated' my mom's 60th. It was therapeutic for me, happier than not doing anything. The anniversary of the death always sucks, we go out for dinner as a family (sisters and dad) to talk and reminisce. Somehow birthdays seem happier, not sure why, maybe because it's celebrating their birth and the life they had?
REgardless, sad all around. I'm sorry.
Post a Comment