Saturday, December 27, 2014

2014 summary

This was a good year at the greatwey household, albeit busy.

Kivani is now 2.5 and has really grown into her personality and brings a lot of laughter and silliness to the house. WHY is the question of the day!  Vons' favorite thing to do is to have a dance party.  We recently signed her up for toddler dance and while she mostly stands around and stares in class she boogies the rest of the day once home. 

Riley is loving preschool and continues to be a gem. He still loves cars, planes and trains and is content for hours with Lego.  I'm rediculously proud of his biking ability and fearlessness on the trails, he's amazing!  Riles knows most of his letters now and is showing more interest in writing, reading.

Si is enjoying his job at sfu and bikes up every day. The trail has a well deserved name cardiac hill, so this is quite the accomplishment!  We recently pulled Vani from daycare up there, but until then he even did it pulling her in the chariot.  He thriving on the exercise, and enjoying the pace of the university jobs.  Si continues to amaze me with his patience, and imagination.  He can play with the kids for hours and is always the preferred play mate. 

I've recently moved to general manager for Western Canada and am learning how little I know.  It's great experience, but was a big step - basically running a $100M business, with 19 employees, you know.  I'm squirming a bit but every day becomes clearer, so I can feel some progress, and its just a matter of not screwing up too badly in the learning.  My fitness, social life and ability to form a sentence has gone to hell as there just isn't energy or brain capacity to handle these (I recently said to my close friend neighbour, whom I walk with 3 nights a week that you can't even tell she's pregnant - forgetting she now has a 3 month old that I've now held hundreds of times).  I'm hoping that sanity returns soon,

We have a wonderful nanny, Echo, who joined us from china, and has been an absolute blessing.  She has removed need to worry about the kids - when we get home they are fed, exercised, educated and proud to show off the crafts!  Echo only speaks mandarin to them, and they understand beautifully though she has to prod them to reply in chinese vs. english.  She's great about getting them out to the forest, strong start and park, and has been adopted by the other mothers on our street, so the kids continue with their social circle.   Echo has been invaluable in helping us to make the best of family time outside of work, vs. even having to pack lunches, plan activities, or clean when we get home.

All in all, a great year.  New years resolution 2015: Take a family photo!
  

No comments: