Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas at the ranch

Long time no post, but we have some great pics so I figured it's time for an update. Also finally got Si's pics of our silver prospecting trip, so updated that blog with the pics below too.

Our first winter in Canada is proving to be a challenge - record low temps and tons of snow. And here we thought our all-season tires would do us just fine...

We were snowed in a few days at the ranch and missed xmas eve with Simon's parents. However, we decided to toboggon down the driveway and my bro Chris joined in. The dogs also thought this was the best game and did their best to jump on and bite the toboggon as we decended. Great fun. And we later made it out to Si's parents for a lovely dinner and visit.

The ranch - under snow




The barn

I love this stump



Nix in the christmas spirit



Whew long hill

On our way!

Nix still putting on the brakes


Big Boekie Chris




So happy

Other updates -
Simon and I both have new jobs as of Nov/Dec. I finally wrapped up my time at NetLogic and commutes to California and am working as a Field Applications Engineer for Arrow Electronics. Totally different world from my previous life covering Cisco in the bay area (accounts revenues are in the thousands, not millions!) but definitely interesting as I'm covering a ton of customers doing everything from complicated networking boxes to solar-paneled GPS tracking for log booms. Will be interesting. Simon's at Pitney Bowes selling their shipping software and is enjoying the customer face-to-face contact. We're both a bit nervous about new jobs in this economy, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
For now we're looking forward to a quick trip to Turks and Caicos (island in the carribean where my parents now live) to see my family and enjoy the sun.
Happy holidays!

2 comments:

Migzy said...

Wow!! Those are great pics!! Very pretty. Glad to hear the job situation is working out for you.

All the best and a Merry Christmas/Happy New Year!

Louise Chapman said...

Yay, an update! I was going to ask you about your jobs so that sounds awesome (I still don't totally understand what you guys do..is there a simpler title?!). The snow has been insane, and that driveway of yours doesn't help. Way to make the most of it! I didn't know you were going somewhere super fun, I'm a little jealous:)