Friday, March 12, 2010

Mastitis

Just 'cause this hasn't been enough of a ride already, I got mastitis.  So I have a fever, aching joints and super sore mammaries.  Hopefully the antibiotics will take care of it soon.  Played it low-key today, barely left the house.  We're still doing the pump + tube feed while we continue to work on getting bubbs to the boob. 

Labour was a breeze compared to pumping with mastitis.

To make the whole bfdg disaster worth it, Riley is being even cuter than usual.  Looking back over the pictures, I swear he's already completely changed from the wrinkly sharpei in the first week.  Lots of open eyes, taking it all in, and so many snuggles.  I love the way he smells!  He's 3.5 weeks old now.

Squishy
Eyes wide open
Chubbs
Tiger loves the tummy time mat!  (Thanks Louise!)
Simon feeding.  Proud big brother Tenge supervising
Going for a walk
Hanging
Isn't he so cute!


Finally, we don't have any mobiles, but bubbs keeps looking around.  I'm going to make these ones tomorrow
http://www.designspongeonline.com/2007/11/diy-wednesdays-modern-paper-ornaments.html

1 comment:

Louise Chapman said...

He's adorable. I love Tenge supervising. Saw that light dimmers were on sale at Home Depot and thought of you. I know how tough the first few weeks (or first 2 months with Koen) can be breastfeeding. I also found it worse than recovering from a C-section as I was severely engorged for too long....along with other things.

I promise it gets better AND I will make sure that I bring it up when my kids are older to make sure they appreciate it:)

You guys are doing a fantastic job!!!