Sunday, March 7, 2010

Got milk?

I have milk, and a baby gaining weight.  Those are two big check marks on the whole breastfeeding scale.
Now just to put the two together.  Who knew it would be so complicated.
Continuing to do the lactation consultant circuit until we find something that works.

We continue to be amazed by what bumbling idiots we are on our night feedings, its hilarious!  Recent highlights include my getting up, knowing I had something to do, petting the dog and going back to bed.  Simon's special last night was forgetting to put the nappy on altogether.  Poor kid.  A friend said any feedings between 2 and 5am should count for double.  I second that :)

Another random pregnancy thought - My new baby shower present for everyone is to give and install dimmer switches in the rooms where baby sleeps and eats.  It's a lifesaver at 3am - either not waking hubbs when coming in and out, or keeping bubbs tired during a feed.

Little Riley isn't as wrinkled as he was before - here's a picture of him sleeping right now beside Simon.  Isn't he beautiful?

4 comments:

erica said...

SOOO HANDSOME!

kmlarson said...

Good idea on the dimmers!

And, our pre-natal instructor says it takes 4 years for baby brain to go away! But on the bright side, apparantly studies have shown women are smarter after those 4 years!

kmlarson said...

Good call on the light dimmers! On my list now!

And, my prenatal class instructor said baby brain lasts for 4 years! But, on the bright side, apparently studies have shown women are smarter after those 4 years!

Louise Chapman said...

He looks so different now with his face all unscrunched (word?). We just used a night light and that worked well but I'm thinking a dimmer could've been better. Way to go smartie. When I'm 100% healthy, I'm going to need to get my baby fix again:)