Things are going well. Amazing what a difference having a baby on a positive trend makes. We went to the lactation consultant today and Riley weighed in heavier again... yay us!
Mom has been great, she's doing the 3am and 6am wakeups and feeds while I pump. We've learned everything works better when everyone in the house is equally tired.
Gogo (granny in Zulu) enjoying a moment with bubbs. I love the newborn frog position... so cuddly. Bubbs now has his eyes open so much more - yesterday he was awake from 10am to 8pm minus a quick nap on our walk.
Still so cute. Definitely less wrinkled than before.
Although he can still get the frown going...

This is one serious potbelly! Reckon this guy has been eating much?
We'd been feeding with the tube until yesterday. Lactation consultant and pediatrician both said not to bother and just use a bottle (SO against any breastfeeding book advice)... we'll see how transitioning back and forth goes as I actually think it's faster and easier to use the tube than bottle as long as we're home. I'm able to pump enough to feed him, which is reassuring. BTW, first thing the LC says - oh dear, look at that chin. Apparently his recessed chin makes it difficult to feed since his tongue is also so far back. She weighed him before and after 20 minutes on each side, and he officially gained 0 g. Poor bubbs wasn't getting any milk from me. She says its now a waiting game for his chin to grow. I asked how long that would take and she said she had no clue. Googling other peoples comments indicates 4-6 weeks.
Cutie onesie from the Morgans in Australia. So Simon loves Riley's mommy, Riley isn't so sure.
Yes, we still have pets, although they are sharing the roost now. Here's Tenge and Tiger, love those teeth. I have a wicked video of Tiger launching herself on Tenge multiple times - she's nutso, but can't seem to get it to load here.

BTW - my family of irresponsible pet owners is conspiring to get us kittens. Both my mom and gran have let the "poor thing" out. She's returned (read Simon ran down the street to catch her) purring like a machine and seems no longer in heat. Bugger. Oh, and there's a nasty tomcat lurking around. Punk. I just googled cat pregnancy, and found that gestation is 65 days.
So who wants kittens?
Mom has been great, she's doing the 3am and 6am wakeups and feeds while I pump. We've learned everything works better when everyone in the house is equally tired.
Gogo (granny in Zulu) enjoying a moment with bubbs. I love the newborn frog position... so cuddly. Bubbs now has his eyes open so much more - yesterday he was awake from 10am to 8pm minus a quick nap on our walk.
Still so cute. Definitely less wrinkled than before.
Although he can still get the frown going...
This is one serious potbelly! Reckon this guy has been eating much?
We'd been feeding with the tube until yesterday. Lactation consultant and pediatrician both said not to bother and just use a bottle (SO against any breastfeeding book advice)... we'll see how transitioning back and forth goes as I actually think it's faster and easier to use the tube than bottle as long as we're home. I'm able to pump enough to feed him, which is reassuring. BTW, first thing the LC says - oh dear, look at that chin. Apparently his recessed chin makes it difficult to feed since his tongue is also so far back. She weighed him before and after 20 minutes on each side, and he officially gained 0 g. Poor bubbs wasn't getting any milk from me. She says its now a waiting game for his chin to grow. I asked how long that would take and she said she had no clue. Googling other peoples comments indicates 4-6 weeks.Cutie onesie from the Morgans in Australia. So Simon loves Riley's mommy, Riley isn't so sure.
Yes, we still have pets, although they are sharing the roost now. Here's Tenge and Tiger, love those teeth. I have a wicked video of Tiger launching herself on Tenge multiple times - she's nutso, but can't seem to get it to load here. 
BTW - my family of irresponsible pet owners is conspiring to get us kittens. Both my mom and gran have let the "poor thing" out. She's returned (read Simon ran down the street to catch her) purring like a machine and seems no longer in heat. Bugger. Oh, and there's a nasty tomcat lurking around. Punk. I just googled cat pregnancy, and found that gestation is 65 days.
So who wants kittens?
1 comment:
Tessa, so interesting about the chin! I'm SO happy that things are looking up and that he's chubbing up. That belly is fantastic. AND, we may be in for a kitten...I just have to convince Gary.
Post a Comment