Saturday, April 17, 2010

Babies

We had our prenatal class reunion today.  It was great to see the babies, and the other couples from class.

Here's a picture of the babies all lined up by age.  Riley definitely did not put on a show for the camera, he was quite content to cuddle in with Maya.  Here are some pics that our instructor took...I'll put ours up tomorrow.




It was great to see everyone.  It was also good to hear more about their experiences with their babies.  Somehow it really helped to confirm that what we're doing (the crazy hours and hours of feeding) isn't normal, and that should (when) we get this figured out it will get better.  I knew that, but you kind of get into a new normal and I get frustrated that we just can't seem to do the things I wanted and thought I should be able to do now.  It was good for me to hear that its not just that I'm lazy or slow, its really that what we're doing is way beyond the normal and
a. it's okay that I'm not out as much as I'd like, and our house is a sty, and
b. it will get better.
Plus, all the babies were so cute in their different ways.  Maya's the youngest snugglebee at just 4 weeks, and I loved Kilyan on the far left at 11 weeks - he's already a rock star!

Okay, long day, just got home at 9pm, pooped, night.

1 comment:

Phil Whelan said...

Hi Tess,

Was great to see you and everyone else too. Mya says "Hi" (we decided against the more common longer version, Maya, to save some characters), or at least as close to "Hi" as she can, which is actually pretty far, and involves a wink, a smirk, a look of confusion, a grunt and sulky expression all in one. Keep up the great work your doing with Riley. Sounds like things are hard right now, but it will great on the other side when you look back.

We'll have to meet up again soon!

Phil, Ai and Mya