After a rough last week, this week has been much improved.
Riley is transferring more milk (in three weigh-ins over the last 10 days where we weigh him before and after feeding for an hour, he transferred 100, 60 + 90g; a 'normal' feed is around 150g so we're getting closer). Because he's actually starting to get something, I'm only having to pump 4 or 5 times a day instead of 7-8; that means an extra few hours free. Since he screams when put down and I can't hold him when pumping, that was a stressful time for me. Fewer pumpings, plus having my gran over for 2 days makes a world of difference.
Phew. Thanks nanny.
Riley's 'nope, really not happy now' face
Nan topping up a feed. She's well earned the name great-nanny!
It's Colleen's last week at work (I'm so excited to meet her baby! But am trying to get myself to wait so she gets some time to relax before the chaos). Next week is Simon's last week. It will be so nice to have him home. The sun can come out in a few days and it will be perfect (have to finish my taxes first).
Si's such a great dad. He got an inconsolable Riley to sleep last night.
Initially I was planning to go back to work in May, although I requested off until mid-June in case we wanted to travel while Riley was still young. Planned on going to England and France. However, we cancelled Europe since we can't travel and pump, and I don't want to go back to work until bfeeding is established.... hopefully June. Our sights (my sights, Si thinks I'm crazy) are now set on exploring the rockies and hiking Mt. Robson, the most GORGEOUS hike I've ever done, Si hasn't been there. It's 22 km to Berg lake at the top, lovely varied spectacular terrain, and decent trails. I figure we go now with Ri small, or wait ten years. Anyone gone backpacking with a newborn? Advice? Thinking 2-3 nights, taking it slowly, carrying him in the wrap on front.
I've never been to Jasper/Lake louise etc. Comment/Email me if you have any recommendations for your favorite hikes etc.
Some photos of Mt. Robson borrowed from Wiki:
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


1 comment:
1. So glad he is getting more from you with the bfing
2. I spent my 10th birthday at Mt. Robson and it is sooooo beautiful.
3. Can you call me if you ever need someone to hold Riley for an hour and you're having a tough time?!
4. Hiking/camping with a newborn...we took Kai camping in March (in California)when he was 7 months old and it was way too cold. I was so stressed about him freezing and I had to breastfed him for 4 hours straight (which was CRAZY) because he was screaming. So ya, my only concern for you all would be keeping him warm enough at night. Would day hikes work and then save the `big hike' for when he's 10? I've got a bunch of hikes saved for when our kids are older:)
5. I love Lake Louise!!
Post a Comment