I can't believe he's over three months old already. We're both madly in love with him and enjoying all the tiny changes you never notice until he's yours. Rolling over? Cause for celebration.
Riley loves to fly like an airplane
We think he's going to be a bomber pilot! Bonus points if he hits dad.
I did another diaper-on-our-feeding-blanket shoot.
Ri did a bit of a side-plant after I put him down sitting up. Love the chubb.
He's definitely our cutest child yet
Update on bfeeding, since its been a while.... no update. We're still plugging away. My milk is back after its mystery overnight disappearance (thankfully, I had huge heart for women without milk... that's tough). He sucks slightly better, so I pump less, but we're still not exclusive. I go back to work in a few weeks, so I'm guessing we won't ever get it perfect. But somehow in the last fourteen weeks, I started to enjoy it. My twelve week self-imposed assessment came, and I found I was looking for reasons to continue, even if the limited capacity I am. So I do, and Simon gets to give him bottles and we are all okay as it is.And when I go back to work, just don't ask what that moo'ing sound is on the other end of the conference call.
I never thought I'd still be doing this at 14 weeks, nor that I'd be okay with it. I remember in my second week writing that most people with recessed chins have it figured out by 6 weeks and feeling like that was an eternity. It has definitely been a ride.
Forget what the books say... not all kids grow into their jaws by 6 weeks. Here's Riley yesterday.
Since we didn't end up going on any big trips and are now reno'ing, we've been exploring Vancouver, which is fantastic as there's still so much I haven't seen. Nan came over yesterday and joined up in Lynn Canyon. I love the suspension bridge there and all the waterfalls.
My reaction on the bridge is similar to tenge's - he gets flat on his belly, legs spayed.
Family shot. I think I'm over-caffeinated (on decaf!)
Walking with Melisa + Lil' Liam at Mundy
Finally, I know there aren't any smiling pictures of Riles. He now does the cutest little giggle. I'm crazy for him. He especially giggles with dad around - this kid adores his father. Unfortunately I can't stop looking at him enough to take pictures while he's being all gorgeous. Yesterday I took a video but got a bit carried away when he just kept being cute for a whole 8 minutes. Much as I love to watch him, I'll spare you the huge download. Come for a visit and see for yourself!
Oh, and Vancouver, anytime you want to have the sun come out, feel free. For anyone else, I go back to work June 11th. You can plan on rain until then and perfect weather thereafter.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
Are you just waiting for a comment before you update?!:)
Wow, work already. How do you feel about it?
Riley's eyes are INCREDIBLE. How is he 3 months old already?
Looks like you guys are having fun!
Post a Comment