Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summer - finally!

We've had a wonderful stay in Vernon.  First few days were monkeys weddings so we hiked a few times and watched Avatar, read books.  BTW, I'm reading Africa Trek and loving it.  Louise, you've got to read this next.  Yesterday it started clearing up, and today was magnificent.  First swim of the season.  I love the water here.  Nothing more renewing than swimming in a crystal clear lake.

Downloaded the camera today, in no particular order:

Riles can now do 20 minutes on his mat, chatting away and swatting at his toys.  Oh the freedom!


Mom and dad were kind enough to kit us out with SA World cup gear.  Bafana Bafana!

Riles had his first swim in nan's pool.  He LOVED it.  It was great to have him hanging around naked - finally warm enough.

More nudie time

Interim change mat

Playing with mom
Hiking Cal Lake park
 Tenge was thrilled

Later at the Outback, Tengs says that this is more his style.  I love this place.


 Pooped pointer
Best breastfeeding spot ever.  How wonderful we finally got it exclusive.  I'm getting more confident now too and we're figuring it out.  So thrilled to have this time before I go back to work.  I honestly think if I'd returned two weeks ago we never would have done without the bottle.  Who knows what will change next week, but for now I'm just thankful.

Doing the wobble
We love this little boy!

1 comment:

Louise Chapman said...

I do have to read that book! So glad you guys had a great family getaway to such a special place. Way to go on the breastfeeding! I read your blog post right before going to bed so I dreamt of you guys all night:)