Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cutting

It's been a hectic week.   Can't talk about it all, but my heart is out to people near and dear me who are going through a terrible time.

The barn at the ranch also got burnt down this week. Fortunately noone was hurt and while it was full of stuff, it was not the family memories, photographs and gorgeous furniture we lost in the last barn fire a few years ago.   That hit home.  This is just stuff (to me at least, I can't speak for everyone else).  I have zero tolerance for people who break in and abuse other people's property.  We've had so many problems with people at the ranch. Breakins, fires, driving herds of cows off cliffs so they split open on impact and die.   The frustrating part is that no-one ever gets caught.

Oh well.

On a happier note, the weather has been perfect.  This is the nicest oct/nov I ever remember in Vancouver.  The rainy days are welcome so I don't regret working.  Wonderful.

And our gorgeous?  He's the best.  He cut his first tooth today and was still a joy to be around.  He is such a mellow fellow, happy to chill and point at things or clap and bop to some internal beat.  I know he'll be crawling anyday, he's already starting to wiggle, and then it will be full speed ahead.  That makes me enjoy his cuddle times all the more.

And he absolutely adores his nana.

Pictures soon...

No comments: