Baby is fortunately moving well, which makes me feel better. I had the longest, most horrible 5 minutes on Monday when I went to the hospital, baby hadn't been moving much Sunday night, I was up itching and worrying much of the night, and first thing monday morning they couldn't find baby's heartbeat. The nurse did the whole "I'll go get someone who knows the equipment better" thing, and since they do the non-stress test in the birth ward there were some people coo'ing over a new baby just outside the room, and she was whispering to "get the baby away from here!". It was absolutely horrible. So thankful that #2 then gave me a kick, and I informed them that someone was still alive in there, and they proceeded to move the probe a different way and find the heartbeat.
I never want to be through that again.
I'm now 36 weeks and keen to meet them healthy on the outside, but docs want to wait a bit longer. Currently discussing inducing Feb 10 or 17, I'm pushing back hard on the 17th... I would be a mess next week. We'll see.
Fortunately my bile levels are dropping with the drugs (from 174 down to 114... 0-32 is normal range), and I'm not so itchy so am finally getting some sleep at night. I am definitely not feeling well though and have learned how lucky am I that my health is generally good.
I stop work on Wed (unless #2 shows up earlier... s/he's welcome to!). I've currently got 4 doc/hosp appointments a week, all over the city, and have been too tired to work at night, so its been tough to even pretend to keep up.
Simon's been amazing wi Riles, and and buffering me so I've caught some naps in the evening. Thank you love.
We've been enjoying some 1:1 time with Rags before the chaos begins anew, and he's been a gem.
Is it just me, or could you just eat him?
Playdate with Peyton, Gracie and Maddie last weekend. Great excuse to bring out the ballhouse!
Maddie's grown up so much! Especially when you see her with baby Jonah, I forgot how small babies are!
Naina played "blastoff!" through the roof of the ball house. At least 50 times. Hows that for an arm workout?
Potty time is just so exciting with friends
My uncle will found the.most.gorgeous motorcycle rocker at a garage sale. It's stunning. Riles is in love. Possibly to the point of obsession? He wakes up in the middle of the night saying 'mo-bike!'. When we sing songs to go to sleep, he likes to pick the animals in 'old macdonald had a farm'. Occasionally we get the odd 'tractor' or 'digger'. Few nights ago, poor ol' macdonald had 11 "BIKE!"s in a row. Nothing else would do. I usually am not a fan of new toys entering the house. I think this one counts as playable art.
Riles, at one with his car box.
Some moms get nesting urges. I wish. But I came home the other night and the house stunk like dog. So I washed the couch covers, which involved dumping out all the stuffing in the pillows. And if you're going to have a huge pile of stuffing, why not play? Riles came up the stairs, yelled "SNOW!" and knew just what to do. We had a great evening.
yup, there's a ton of stuffing in those pillows.
Nesting ... a la Tessa. Fortunately Riles thought it as much fun to re-stuff the pillows as to play with the snow, so we had it all tidied up in no time!
36 weeks.
Saturday, February 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tessa, way too much to respond to but overall I'm so glad that babe is well and you are okay (although if you are saying you're not feeling so well, you are REALLY not feeling good at all). Can't believe what happened on Monday. Nightmare. Riley is gorgeous and you are hilarious (the snow). That rocker is crazy awesome. And dude, Feb. 10th is this FRIDAY. You are almost there, you can do it!!
Wow, I really should read your updates sooner when they pop into my RSS reader.
Sorry to hear about the rough time you are having this time round. Glad to hear that you seem to be doing somewhat better. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time that everything works out for the best. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.
All the best to you and your family,
Miguel
PS: Awesome motorbike rocker!!
Post a Comment