Wow. Time has flown. I can't believe our little girl is four weeks old today.
Heck, I still can't believe we have a girl. But for the occasional pink outfit, she doesn't act like one yet, so its easy to forget. How things will be different a few years from now!
Sleeping on me right now
Mom, I fell over
How embarassing
Sleep. Eat. Poop. Love newborns.
Alert. Rolls
Our gorgeous is now over 10 lbs! I don't have a photo, but she used to fit this sink beautifully and she's already outgrowing it!
nanny
Riles is such a proud big brother
Stress
I never take off the sling! This girl does not like being put down
Not to be outdone ... Riles has grown up so much in the last few months. So frequently I don't even know who this big boy is! The tantrum twos hit suddenly two weeks ago, and they are ... interesting ... but fortunately the whining/crying stops as suddenly as it starts. Still our lovely boy.
Walk a mile in those shoes, kid.
LOVES trucks. Thrilled to see this firetruck outfit at childrens place.
blueberry smoothie smile
Huge helper in the garden. Why use the kids spade (lying beside him) when the 'biggun!' is so much more exciting. Finally a dry afternoon. Why did we have another baby in the winter? Mat leave is supposed to be sunny!
We are a happy family.
Finally, just a note. I am not a good player. I am good at structure, and organizing playdates, and can do puzzles with the best of them. But free play ... I run out of ideas fast. Si, on the other hand, rocks this. Everything is a game. He can enthrall Riles for hours with just a ball or a branch. Case in point. When I walk, I'm going somewhere and getting exercise. I have to actively stop myself from walking 20 feet in front of Riles and encouraging him to 'run run run!' or 'lets go faster!'. Invariably this is what it turns into. Si parks about 5 minutes walk (grown up) from playschool. I would walk the first section with Riles, then pick him up and hoof it to the car... dinner to make, get the dog out before its dark etc.
Contrast: It takes Si and Riles at least 20 minutes to get to the car. They have stations ... some broken branches are digger controls, there's a mud hill 'slide' and they detour to sing in a stairwell. Every day there's something new. Yay for differences. Even/especially when they drive me crazy as dinner's getting cold.
Saturday, March 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love your updates. Love her big belly, she's big one! And as for differences, although frustrating, it is so great. Gary moves at a more leisurely pace as well. Not sure I've seen him hustle at any time other than playing basketball. I have definitely slowed down (a little) over the years so he's influenced me too:)
PS You have heels?! :)
Post a Comment