I am devastated to say that my brother "Tiny" Tye died while traveling in India last week; he's just quit his job at the end of Feb and was excited to start his travels. He was a great adventurer and the funniest person I know. Simon and Tiny were two peas in a pod and Riles adored his uncle. I will miss my "little" brother.
I was just looking at photos of him and Riley excitedly yelled out "tye tye!". It guts me that Kivani will never know her funny uncle and that our memories with Riley will stop in time.
My dad wrote up a post last night, I've copied it below.
*****
We are sorry to have to inform you that our dear son Tye has died last week in India. We have just been informed and don’t have any details yet.
We will all miss his cheery craziness, his energy, his fun attitude, wild golf shots and love of life. His exuberance at finding gold in the bottom of his pan, or landing a big fish in the Turks was a treat to be near. Tye will be remembered by many dealers whom he serviced, representing our company, in South Africa. He really tried to help and made a difference to many lives. A charmer, a cajoler, a true expressive, who just wanted to have fun. Put him on a motorcycle and he does the biggest jump on the dunes, definitely the biggest wrecks!! Similarily, on the Abbotsford ranch, whoopdies where he got a little too much air on one jump and nose planted the car . . got some “character” marks from that !!
Character is a word that would often be used around him.
He loved his parrot. One day Tye took him shopping for veggies at the local supermarket, left him “sampling” the wares in the produce section and got the rest of his shopping list, was ½ way home before remembering his hitch hiker,. . . so back to Pick+Pay he goes . Well, it seems Bird was entertaining a good sized crowd giving his opinion of the various fruits he had sampled and distributing the remains around the displays. From painting a charging elephant with a paint ball gum, to decorating lazy donkeys on the Botswana roads, Tye was a character that did not stop.
Tye worked in our old South African company till late Feb., when he retired to do some more traveling in India. He enjoyed the easy going lifestyle there, and loved his reading. He once said that of all the gifts his parents had given to him, it was his love of books !!
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Tessa, I am devastated for you and your family. I only met him twice but what I remember is his huge smile and enthusiasm/positive energy. I'm sorry that Kivani never had a chance to meet him and I wish I could take your pain away. Thinking about you lots and lots and praying for you too.
The pictures of you, Chris and Tye together are so cute and therefore so sad. I'm sorry, my friend. Hugs to you and Simon.
Tessa,I am so so sorry for you and your family.My heart is with you all and I think about you.I send you bigs hugs.
Tessa, C'est une terrible nouvelle nos pensées t'accompagnent et nous te laissons le soin de les transmettre à tes parents.
Sylviane et Jean-Pierre Maurin
Post a Comment