For those who didn't know Tye, he has the best cross-eyed goofiness. There's a prime example of it in this video Si made of our prospecting trip a few years ago (I've cut it short from the original 30 minutes but not yet had time to edit it properly to remove some boring parts). Anyways, check out around 1:30.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBPgvsNFLyg
I'm smiling at our little girl right now and she is actually doing the same rediculous faces. One eye is circling while the other wobbles from side to side, random expressions flying across her face. Even the grunts! Sure, we have a newborn and they do this stuff. But I'm holding out that we may just have ourselves a goofball performer like her uncle!
This makes me happy.
Thank you to everyone who has expressed their condolences. Its still sinking in and coming in waves. Its so hard to imagine that oaf of a body gone cold. I've learned from Matt's death that its in the weeks and months afterwards when you send him emails or dial his number that it really sinks in. But the idea of Riles and Vons not knowing either Matt or Tye is brutal.
My parents are coming in on Tuesday, and we'll have a memorial here on Friday then in SAfrica at the end of April.
The first days were horrible as we knew nothing of his death other than he was found dead in his room in the morning in a resort in Goa. We didn't know if we'd be heading to India to track down his killer or if he'd consumed something that killed him, or what??. My parents got the autopsy report yesterday and found that he'd had a heart abnormality, where the left side of his heart was extremely large. Somehow it seems appropriate that he died of a heart that was too big.
Thank again for your thoughts.
Just a few more pics below.
Here's the roving eye tye that kivs is imitating so well
In the first pic he was just back from his last trip to India where he got in a motorcycle accident just before returning. Another car on the scene took him to the hospital, and in true Tye style, it was a gynecological hospital. He was thrilled! Captive female audience! He liked the odds. Also in classic Tye style, he discovered that if he blocked his nose and blew, then his eye would puff up like a golf ball. Hilarious to see. Didn't capture that one on film, but at least I got the crosseye below.
In South Africa in November.Dec last year
Always up for a dare ... eating worms.
I remember this day so clearly.
Up table mountain.
Asking for trouble... and huge AIR!!
Generations
Adorable. Dad calls Tye his "expressive" son.
Hows this for safety. Tye at least is in a carseat, if on a box. I'm in a fold up highchair. Chris, I don't think you're even wearing a seatbelt.
With a first day of school outfit like this its a wonder he had any friends.
(mine was worse. seriously)
He loved to prospect and was ever the optimist with his lotto and 'silver just around the bend'. Below at Gemboree.
Such a strong, soft guy. Tiny, you will be hugely missed.
Saturday, March 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











2 comments:
Tess, I watched that whole video...I really had no idea what was going on at all most of the time but I do have to say you have a fun (and unique) family:) I was smiling the whole time I was watching it. Your brother is such a character and I can see even more what a perfect match Simon is for you/your family.
I'm glad that you have answers about Tye, hopefully that gives you some peace?
Hugs.
louise
Oh Tessa, what a lovely tribute. I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Karla
Post a Comment