I don't know where to start. I feel like I should blog about Tye since its so recent, so FINAL. But the truth is that it still isn't sinking in. He wasn't a big part of our recent life in Canada - we saw him in the Turks, SAfrica, but not recently in Canada. We're going about life normally. And then there are moments of shock where I will cry "WHAT?!!? TYE?!?!?" and shudder.
I realized that in losing three important people in the last two years, I've had a distinct physical reaction to each. I guess that's where these words come from. My heart actually sinks in my chest when I think about Matt. My chest curls into a ball when I think of Erica. And I physically shudder when I think of Tye.
We had a small funeral (!?!) for Tye last Friday at the ranch with just family and a few friends. It was nice to share some stories and it managed to not be a sad low day. We realized how much of Tye's life was lived elsewhere - SAfrica, England, France, Israel, Ethiopia, Malawi ... in some ways I think he'll always feel like he's off somewhere else and will be back vs. being dead (!?). I feel bad for this, like he's not getting enough credit or something ... we all just feel like he's traveling.
I think its going to be very hard to go to SAfrica for his funeral there.
I don't know how to graciously transition to talking about our lives now, so I just will.
Until the last few days where she's pretty sick (cold), Kivani has been a bonnie healthy girl, deliciously chubby and eating+sleeping well. It is so so so much easier having a baby that will breatfeed. As with Riles, Vani doesn't like being put down, period, even for 10 minutes, and so we have a lot of "bonding" time. She's had a few days of 8+hour screaming sessions (wouldn't she be exhausted?), so I was thinking 'oh no, colic baby' but then she seems to have passed this. Knock on wood.
BTW, we chose Kivani as we couldn't decide between Kiva and Annie, and figured one would come out as a nickname later. However, Riles has been calling her Vani, and its stuck. Vons it is.
Riles too went through a grumpy week, but otherwise is just an absolute gem. He can talk, and we enjoy his chatter. He is just so happy, and so much fun. His giggling sessions are wonderful and he's just so easy to spend time with. Love love love this age.
Okay. Late. Dumped the pics above, sorry no words. Night!
Sunday, April 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment