Monday, June 25, 2012

this aint no pintrest

Yes, I know.  So behind in posts.  There's too much to say, I don't want to say some, it gets intimidating.  So lets start light.

So we have this patio table that was Rust with the occasional flake of white.  I got sick of looking at rust, decided on the ONE DAY of sunshine so far this summer that I wanted something sunnier, and painted it orange.  I was kind of picturing burnt orange ... but NO.

What was I thinking?! its the colour of a traffic cone.


It actually glows in the dark. Brilliant.  Romantic table-lit dinners a la Tessa.


Si wants to put plants on it and make our very own traffic circle to slow down the cars in front of the house.  Poor guy just kind of watched me painting it, shaking his head.  Mat leave is dangerous for me.  I keep feeling like I should be creative/clean/craft/cook, and the results are somewhat disasterous.  I'm itching for a reno.  

So there.  My friends - they post their super cute pictures of awesomely decorated rooms and crafts.  Me, I build traffic structures and then eat dinner on them.  Glow in the dark and all.  I have no idea what I'll do now ... paint it back white, go with the neon, or try again for the burnt look.  ideas? 

Some photos I finally downloaded.

Here's Si and James (aka Sim + Jim on the rugby pitch).  Long time friends and teammates.


And James' little boy!  (who isn't so little.  Riles just hopes he's on his team!).  Continuing the tradition.  Riles and R at R's bday party. 


Giving 'er
Bee season again.  Tenge on guard.
Rog has the magic touch - Vanie passed out, that's her hat you can see on his chest.
Some fat Vons pics.  Love love love this girl.  She's awesome.  Super cool, happy, always up for an adventure, sleeps whenever she has the chance (poor second kids).  And oh so fat!
Not much of a smiler. This is her typical expression below.

I see red in her hair.  Like her uncle Matt.
LOVE fat baby.

Riles is getting so big!  And size 4 shorts look like pants, he'll grow into them (?)
Garden doing great but for the carrots that bolted.
Their (carrot) flowers are lovely though, I haven't quite the heart to pull them just yet. 

So, the topic I've been avoiding.
I'd mentioned Si's mom has colon cancer and had the operation.  Well, it has spread to her liver and is inoperable.  Si's mom has been really struggling to regain any kind of strength.  Its terrible to see her suffering as she's one of the gentlest people I know.

I'm sorry MrsG.  I hope for one good day at a time.


It's crazy as she didn't even know she was sick when the pic above was taken, and Kivani is only now just four months old.

1 comment:

Migzy said...

I <3 the orange table! It's so... you! :)

Awesome pics! I'm sure Riley will grow into his shorts rather quickly, one year goes by and my nephews are no longer small, but have grown so much.

Sorry to hear about Si's mom. My mom is under the weather too and they also suspect cancer, she is in the process of getting all the tests done. There's some suspicion that it might be internal melanomas, which is even worse news than just regular cancer. We are all hoping and praying that it isn't either, but until the tests come back, its a waiting game. And my grandparents on my mom's side recently passed away too. They had a good long life.

All my best you, Simon, and family.