Saturday, July 7, 2012

Here comes the sun; little darling


Yesterday was pretty miserable as it is FINALLY sunny yet Riley got sick Thurs night and it was whiny sleepless times @ the greatweys.  But he seemed to cheer up a bit in the afternoon and we decided on a picnic at Burnaby Mountain Park, a few minutes from home.  What a wonderful end to the week!  The view to the ocean and inlet was magnificent.

Riles teaching Vons to shake the sillies  (cut the last 30s)
http://youtu.be/bTGMFcCxoeQ

Picnic spot.  Riles loved the "shark car" on the top right.


Riles and Si playing soccer under the tree
 Tengs approves

Today was went to Ladner to see Si's mom.  While the kids were sleeping in the car, Rog and I got some u-pick strawberries (freezer jam favorite), then we had a lovely visit with MrsG.

Nana had been so thrilled when she found out Kivs was a girl, and the sad part is that she won't get to see her grow up.    And half the joy of baby girls is in dressing them up.  So, we had a fasion show at the hospice today, trying on a life's worth of dresses.  With Vani aka Cheeks as our model.

She's pretty darn cute, if I may say so myself.  I don't think I've ever seen her smile so much.  She made pretty for Nana, and for that I'm thrilled.

A selection of the outfits below.



 I love her rolls more than the dresses!
 She looks so chuffed with herself!

HUGE smiles for nana.

 Okay, all this cuteness made me hungry and I will eat your nose now.
Irony: I really wanted a girl so we could essentially bring her up as a boy ... you know, teach her how to fix stuff, code, play sports, run a business etc ... change the world.  No pressure Kivani!  But she can still do all that and be cute in dresses, right?)

All in all, a super weekend, and its only one day in.   Here's to a happy Sunday.

Oh, and just in case you think she's always that smiley... here's her "man, what have I gotten myself into" expression.  Classic Vani.


Love our family.

1 comment:

Louise Chapman said...

Dress #2 is GORGEOUS on her. LOVe it!!!
And yes, she can be a strong independent woman who can fix things and run a business and still look good doing it:)