Every year we say we're going to just go spend a month in Vernon, and somehow we never manage to. Next year. I swear.
We were just in Vernon for the long weekend, and I managed to work from there a few days before. Riles was thrilled to have time with Gogo, Pops and uncle Chris. And oh-so-many exciting things to do.
First, some catchup pictures, then the vernon trip.
Roger's old friend from SA and his son flew over from Toronto for MrsG's funeral. Riles was thrilled to sit in his "own" plane!
Vons is growing up! Love love love this girl. So easy, so lovely.
Only thing that's not easy: she won't eat solids (She enthusiastically ate carrots once, then nada) and won't
drink from a bottle. She just pretty much starves while I'm at work.
She is happy, just not eating. Makes me feel horrible. I am so
grateful that she's so deliciously plump. Four weeks in and she's not
yet lost weight. I just don't sleep well as she scoffs herself at
night.
I' m so hungry I'm eating my toes, people!
But then: progress! She hates spoons, and is a stubborn little thing clamping her mouth shut, but just yesterday ate both some peach and some banana!
Caught on (?) tape:
http://youtu.be/WuK5ZnPn_IU
Hundreds of tractor pics from the IPE (armstrong fair). Riles, Si heaven.
Pretty impressive. That's not milk.
Cuddles at Gogos
With her uncle Chris
Vons is increasingly mobile.
Vons and Riles *LOVE* pip. Bloody yippy thing, never stops with the ball. He can almost keep up with a two-year-old.
Some shots of camping in Vernon. Riles was so excited by the tent that he slept all of an hour that night.
This is what two exhausted kids look like.
And my gorgeous. I don't know whether I love her "you looking at me?" frown or her cutie-smile better. Such a great little kid.
(okay, okay, I love her frown the most. How many 6-month olds can whip that out?!)
Dad is building a new house just above the outback (I am a pain and now he's actually moving the home site, they had just cleared and brought in gravel, but I thought it was too close to the road... oh his patience with me!). Here we are on the site. Hope to have exciting pics of a new house next summer!
Si got to drive the excavator to smooth the piles, Riles was a huge helper.
Oh, and Riles thought it was SO FUN to throw sand up in the air above his head. His hair is still caked with it, two swims, a shower and a bath in. Oh well.
You're looking at what next year will be the patio of a house.
Facing the other way
Finally, the reason Si married me... my dad. Dad loves toys. That there on the bottom left is a full-size excavator. When my dad says to go play in the sandpit, he means it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
It was tough to be in Vernon without Tye. So many happy memories here of him. Tiny, I thought of you so many times. I miss you.
Its also weird not calling the Graces to say I posted photos. So MrsG, I updated the blog, we're all doing okay, okay?
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment