Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer?

We're back and I'm happy to be home with my boys.  It was a busy, good training in Denver.  After our conference Si and I enjoyed a super-quick trip to San Jose for Jenny and Chris' wedding (it was in-n-out, so don't be mad I didn't tell anyone!).

Training - missed my boys.  Always intense.  It's ~500 of us in a huge hotel/convention center with 300 of our nearest and dearest suppliers (too many mistresses!).  Add full long days of training with eating + drinking too much, we're pretty much zombies by friday afternoon.  I had to call Simon to ask him to bring my "big girl" underwear so I'd fit in my dress for the wedding!

Meanwhile, Si and Riles enjoyed a sunny week back home with many visits to NanaWogs.

This kid could live off trucks alone!



Wogs and Tengs enjoying the sun

 Hanging
 Loves his grandparents!
 Wogs makes all the sounds.

Then from San Jose trip...

Riles and I at our Marsh Road house... we lived in the garage out back.  We were very happy here, nice to go back!
 It was great to be at Jenny and Chris' wedding.  I first met Jenny (J-Fu) while interning at cypress in 2000(?).  We worked together and got together frequently after my division was sold off.  Triton, who married Jenny and Chris, was also an ex-Cypress guy.  I must say it was a tad depressing how most of the people we started working with (who I fully realize are just "normal" people) went on to do their MBAs at Harvard, Kellogg etc.  It really is its own place, silicon valley.  I miss the energy.

Both Jenny and Chris are wonderful people, so we knew coming in that we'd like their friends, and that it wouldn't be your typical wedding.  It was held at the science exploratory at Berkeley (Vancouverites, think Science World).  You know the sand-mixing thing that's popular?  These guys whipped out jello shot (colour mixing) halfway through the ceremony!
 Cheers!
 Crowd participation
 They had a photo scavenger hunt (great way to meet everyone!).  Here we are beside the T-Rex.
 Stacked up in a phone booth
 Riles did great with his (met that night) babysitter ... phew!  Super evening.  Congratulations JFU!

Next morning we joined them for bfast, then explored Berkeley a bit before heading to the airport.  Loved this bike rack cover below!
 Walking with Riles
 Look how tall the redwoods are, Rags!
In a kids-park tram.  Ding ding!
 Swing
 Just taking it all in
 So so similar
 LOVED the rose garden smells!
 

I thought this elephant of old tires was so so cool!  Dad, you should make these in SAfrica!  Riles screamed when he first saw it.  Scaredy-pants.

The rest are catchup from the previously delinquent photos...
Watching the hockey, Riles loves chilling with his pops.  Vancouver lost in game 7 of the Stanley cup final last night - a decent game, unfortunately followed by shocking and embarrassing riots downtown, seemingly sparked by a few young drunk hooligans.  Shame. The only redeemer was how many "normal" people were out cleaning up very early this morning before work.  Our city is ashamed of what happened last night.
 Just before I left... at River's bday party.  Can you believe Riles is almost four months older than River?  He's huge!
And the friday before I left, we got to babysit Peyton (who is also much younger and huger... maybe Riles is just small).  With our bathroom gutted, we took advantage of our double sink for bath time.  They did a great job washing all the counters and floors!

My parents arrived in Canada and then left, but we got a few visits in the meantime...

Riles is heaven on 'trac-TOR!'. 
 Riley getting some time with Pops.
 

No comments: