It's promising to be a busy time until #2 arrives. We were thankful for some quieter time/long weekends over Xmas to get some stuff done around the house, and get somewhat ready for #2. We keep postponing finding out girl/boy 'cause without knowing, I can't then feel like I need to buy stuff or paint the house pink if its a girl! Riles is into a toddler bed now (which thankfully he took to straight away, no fuss at all). The kid(s) room is now somewhat cramped as its pretty small anyways and now houses a crib, a toddler bed and all their combined stuff. We plan to have #2 sleep in our room until they are a few months old, but either way we wanted to get Riles out of the crib before s/he came.
We enjoyed a visit from Stu, Sam and Alex on new years. Riles just adores the "big" boys and yep, pretty much wants to do whatever they do, or just stare in awe. They were great with him.
Beating eggs for pancake breakfast.
Lynn canyon suspension bridge. Four-year old Alex took this picture!
Officially impossible to get 5 boys all looking at the camera at once. I have 20 pictures of this shot, not one with all 5 looking.
Erica would be so proud of her boys. We miss you.
Life is busy now! Both Si and I are hard at work, and I'm trying to squeeze in some travel and get my pipeline at work filled before I take leave. My last travel is Feb 6-10th to Kelowna (~6 hours away), and I'm presenting an all-day training, will be 37-38 weeks then! Just hoping this baby doesn't come too early... my goal is to not deliver on a highway.
I'm also in a technology entrepreneurship class at UBC that is supposedly 20 hours a week (!). It started last week, and while technically I'm not eligible as I'm not a grad or MBA student, I think I managed to convince them to accept me... will confirm when the paperwork is in this week. It's modeled after a similar class at Stanford and taught by the same prof (who flies up for it) and I'm impressed by the number of industry people involved in the class. It pairs 20 MBAs wi engineers, with the goal to productize technology ideas. It's a super aggressive schedule, where we present to venture capitalists on Apr 3rd. I will hopefully have a month-old baby then. Ok .
Baby is active, and I'm feeling well, we are thankful for both. I find myself paranoid about healthy baby sometimes, and as each week ticks closer to healthy baby, I am thankful. Anyone else obsess about "okay, if baby is born today s/he's at 32 weeks and average NICU stay is 33 days and change of no long term health problems is 95%". For some reason, I do (and did wi Riles) and take comfort in the stats getting better every week.
Colleen is now term, so we're looking forward to meeting Maddie's little brother or sister, soon to be #2's playmate:)
Here's belly at 32.5 weeks.
Monday, January 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You look fantastic. You give me heart palpitations with how busy you are!! Love you guys.
Post a Comment