Wednesday, May 16, 2012

2-year old

First, love the sun. Yay!

Other than a hideous 10-days of sick when we were in the Turks, I have to say that I absolutely adore Riley at age 2 (disclaimer: I`ve adored him all along).
The garbage truck is a highlight.  The man who picks up the bins just said `hi, big guy!`this morning, and made.his.day.  He`s talked about it at least five times today.
He`s stunning.  And a sponge (the stuff he remembers!).  Every walk with him in the carrier turns into a trail or plane ride; even without him I find myself making the noises.  And his laugh is just so contagious.

Adore you, Riles.







 Sure we can both fit.





 Sharing a moment with Rog. 



Vons is now sleeping in her bassinette and only waking once per night.  She`s awake and smiling and wiggling so much.  And so fat and snuggly.  No wonder she hates tummy time - can`t hold up those cheeks!  What a trooper - being carted all over the countryside on our adventures.  I`m sensing second children never get a regular naptime, ehÉ

 Love fat babies!









Family picture.   These are my people.


Kivani and I head to SA on Friday for Tye`s funeral (!É).  I both hope his death sinks in and hope it doesn`t.  Funny how often you think of people without realizing it, until they die.  I used a flashlight tonight to install a dimmer switch that came from him.  I stepped on a teddy bear that he gave to Riley.  Our garbage can was once Matts.  Now, I notice.

1 comment:

Louise Chapman said...

Love all the pictures. I am also such a fan of 2 year olds. Kivani is sooooooooooooooo chubby, it's awesome! You are beautiful. I thought the funeral was today for some reason...I hope it is a time where reality does set in (is that mean) so that your grieving can continue it's path. So sorry, Tess. Hope travels with your gorgeously chunky daughter go well!