Look how she's grown! Vani's now out of the 3-month clothes and on to six. Riley seeing her after 12 days apart (9% of her life!)
Mixing it up
It was Simon's birthday on Friday. I knew Rog had made a cake, so decided to make a different kind of treat: Meatloaf muffins with sweet potato "icing". Perfect.
Simon's bday at the Graces - family picture.
Judy and Rob are in from England. Vani immediately crashed on Rob.
How much do I love this kid?
Is that the Queen hiding there?
This was rediculously cute. Riles wanted to be just like Simon (always), and wanted to help with the big lawnmower. He pushed this thing up and down for an hour.
(no, it wasn't ON. Made you wait for that)
Vani wi Gogo in SA.
Sorry Vons, I had to
Carrying Africa Style. So sensible - just wrapped in a towel. She loved it and would sleep immediately. The african moms would just look at my ergo and shake their heads. Bloody yanks.
Some of the Awesome Tools team at Tye's funeral. Tye's funeral. Crazy.
Its been sinking in more. Death by 1000 cuts. I'm angry at him for dying, who has heart failure at 32 when you're so rediculously strong like him? I'm feeling the weight of the RESPONSIBILITY to live and be careful, so you don't die. Like how you don't get into cars with drunk people, but more intense. I think of death a lot. Like 20 times a day, mostly in practical terms. I find myself taking mental photos of happy moments so "when they die I'll remember this". I think about songs for different people's funerals (my dad: always look on the bright side of life (whistle)
OK. Time to change the subject.
Vons did great on the plane to/from SA. Possibly the most unflattering shot ever. Why do I think this is so darn cute? Kivani, if you read this when you are older, I promise you are so much cuter than the photos. Promise.
And this week: she was just so thrilled to have some time with Dad.
Telling him ALL about her trip ..now dad you wouldn't BELIEVE... natter natter
1 comment:
Oh Tessa, so normal to think about death way more after something like this (as you know). Gary knows what I want at my funeral. I often say, `If I die, make sure...'. My sister has all my passwords. One of the reasons I blog so much is that so my kids have a record of their childhood `just in case'. Anyway, so normal. Sad, but normal.
Post a Comment